Friday, August 24, 2012

Are You Plagiarizing Your Own Works?


If you are the original author - you hold all the copyrights of all your works and as an author you have all the rights to modify and use them and enjoy all the rights to promote them across the Internet or you can even delete what you have published - unless you sold all rights of your works to those publishing sites.
Sponsoring 4th Plagiarism Conference (Photo credit: Oneras)
I am writing for some publishing sites that pay such as Hubpages, Triond, Wikinut, ExpertsColumn and Allvoices. And I understand that to promote or to market my works outside those publishing sites, I would have to apply some ways to expose them across theInternet through the use of social networks, bookmarking sites, sending them off outside by emailing my family and friends and the other way is by sharing them to my own blog site.
Now, instead of sharing the URL links or summaries of my published articles from those sites - I uploaded the entire articles published from those sites to my blog site - the reason why I did that is - if in case those publishing sites would be closed at least I have saved all what I have published from those sites to my blog site.
My question now: Could I be charged by those publishing sites as "PLAGIARIST" for duplicating my own works and publishing them to my own blog site? I am the original author and I hold all the copyrights of my own works and I have all the rights to modify and use them what I have published on their sites and I have all the rights to promote them across the Internet.
Below are quoted views, definitions and explanations about Plagiarism
  • Stanford sees plagiarism as “use, without giving reasonable and appropriate credit to or acknowledging the author or source, of another person's original work, whether such work is made up of code, formulas, ideas, language, research, strategies, writing or other form.”
  • Yale views plagiarism as “the use of another’s work, words, or ideas without attribution” which included “using a source’s language without quoting, using information from a source without attribution, and paraphrasing a source in a form that stays too close to the original.”
  • Princeton perceives plagiarism as the deliberate use of “someone else’s language, ideas, or other original (not common-knowledge) material without acknowledging its source.”
  • Oxford characterizes plagiarism as the use of “a writer's ideas or phraseology without giving due credit.”
  • And Brown explains plagiarism to be “appropriating another person's ideas or words (spoken or written) without attributing those word or ideas to their true source.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Webmasters, Online Writers Try ZEEF - Filtering The World's Information and to Enhancing Your World Status and Online Connections
For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page: Wikinut Awesome Where Pen Writes, Win Rewards and Recognitions -

Welcome. Enjoy Your Stay

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

This blog is safe to hang on. Both young and old, any Nationals: Male and Female – Students, Housewives, Professionals – Domestic and International audience are welcome. Also I would appreciate for your honest comments and suggestions. This blog caters articles about Education, History, Health, Article Marketing, Web Marketing, Bookmarking Sites, Social Networks, Site Reviews, Social Media, Issues, Celebrities, Music, Money, Making Money Online, Business, Business Opportunities, Search Engines Optimization, Music, Science, Self-Improvement, Blog, Blogging, Writing, Writing Tips, Travel, Online Writing, Technology and other things I always love to write under the merciless sun. If there are bloggers and other writers planning to connect with this blog, I would be happy to Welcome Everyone.

ppruel @Wikinut

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service